As the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation, the largest university in Virginia, and the largest Christian university in the world, Liberty University offers over 450 programs from the certificate to the doctoral level. Located in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains on more than 7,000 acres in Lynchburg, VA, the university is home to more than 77,000 residential and online students.
Founded in 1971, Liberty University remains true to its heritage of “Training Champions for Christ,” equipping men and women with the top-quality, Christ-centered education they need to make a difference in today’s world.
Liberty At A Glance*
- World’s largest 4-year, privately operated not-for-profit Christian school
- Main campus located in the small city of Lynchburg VA
- Offers wide variety of online degree programs including Business, Philosophy and Religious Studies & Psychology
- Learning opportunities include distance education and teacher certification
- Total student population: 77,338 (47,464 undergraduate )
- 2013 undergraduate college applications: 48,054 (22% admitted)
- Student to faculty ratio: 18 to 1
- Estimated 2013-2014 undergraduate tuition/fees: $20,768 ($8,820 for graduate students)
- Regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-COC) to award degrees at associate, baccalaureate, master, education specialist, and doctoral levels.
- Mission statement intro: Maintaining the vision of the founder, Dr. Jerry Falwell, Liberty University develops Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential to impact the world.