The history and roots of South University can be traced back to 1899. The purpose of the College of Theology itself, is to equip graduates of all faith traditions to seek entry as ministry practitioners through advanced practical theology and ministry studies in a variety of settings, including local churches, parachurch organizations, institutions, the community, and the marketplace. South’s Doctor of Ministry degree is a 96 quarter hour program and is designed to be the first-professional degree to prepare ministry practitioners to seek vocational or bi-vocational ministry. The program helps to develop a student’s understanding of the nature and purpose of ministry, enhance the student’s competencies in ministry skills, and promote the student’s growth in spiritual maturity.
Mission statement intro: South University is a private academic institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities for the intellectual, social, and professional development of a diverse student population.
South University At A Glance*:
- Main campus located in the mid-sized city of Savannah, GA
- Offers a variety online degree programs including Theology, Business & Psychology
- Offers wide variety of online degree programs including Business, Philosophy and Religious Studies & Psychology
- Learning opportunities include distance education and weekend/evening courses
- Total online population: 11,143 (1,533 graduate)
- 2013 undergraduate college applications: 48,054 (22% admitted)
- Student to faculty ratio: 28 to 1
- Estimated 2013-2014 graduate tuition: $17,010
- Regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-COC) to award degrees at associate, baccalaureate, master, education specialist, and doctoral levels.
Programs, credential levels, technology and scheduling options vary by campus and are subject to change. Administrative office: South University, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31406-4805 © 2015 South University. Our email address firstname.lastname@example.org