Ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report,i Saint Leo University has established itself as a world leader in redefining the 21st century university by making quality higher education more accessible to all. Since 1889, when it was founded by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, Saint Leo University has maintained its Catholic heritage while welcoming people of all faiths. Based in the Tampa area, the university is one of the largest Catholic institutions of higher learning in America, serving nearly 16,000 students from all 50 states and 61 countries, and remains steadfast in its mission to foster a more socially just society for all.
Saint Leo at a Glance*
- Midsize 4-year, private not-for-profit Catholic school
- Located in the small suburb of Saint Leo FL, the main campus is about halfway between Tampa and Orlando
- Offers a wide range of online and campus-based degree programs including Business, Criminal Justice and Psychology
- Learning opportunities include distance education, teacher certification and weekend/evening college
- Total student population: 16,275 (12,640 undergraduate )
- 2013 undergraduate college applications: 3,178 (77% admitted)
- Student to faculty ratio: 15 to 1
- Estimated 2013-2014 undergraduate tuition/fees: $19,920 ($7,596 for graduate students)
- Mission statement intro: Saint Leo University is a Catholic, liberal arts-based university serving people of all faiths. Rooted in the 1,500-year-old Benedictine tradition, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body, and spirit for all members of its community.