Founded in 1937, Point University is a private, four-year liberal arts institution that educates students to influence culture for Christ in all spheres of life. The University provides a broad, comprehensive curriculum designed to prepare students for their chosen professions. We are equipping the next generation to take their Christian faith into the marketplace in new and culturally relevant ways – to erase the lines between who they are and what they do so that they see life and mission as one and the same.
Point University at a Glance*
- 4-year privately operated not for profit Christian University
- Main campus is located in the small town of West Point GA
- Offers a variety of Associates and Bachelors degree programs including: Christian Ministries, Business Administration and Education
- Learning opportunities include undergraduate distance education, teacher certification and weekend/evening classes
- Total student population 1,522
- Student to faculty ratio: 20 to 1
- 2014 undergraduate college applications: 954 with a 52% admittance rate
- Estimated 2013-2014 undergraduate tuition/fees: $19,400 (excludes living expenses)
- Mission Statement: Point University’s mission is to educate students for Christ-centered service and leadership throughout the world.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- National Council on Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE-CAEP)
- Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC)