Located in the heart of the city, Houston Baptist University (HBU) is a boldly Christian non-profit university that has grown into a thriving community of faith and scholarship since its founding more than 50 years ago. In today’s ever-changing world, HBU understands that a traditional on-campus education is not a one-size-fits-all experience.
In order to meet the demands of modern society, HBU offers degree programs in a 100% online format. Students can earn their degree without having to travel to class. These flexible online programs are specially designed to accommodate adults with demanding family and work schedules while providing the same robust learning experience offered to on-campus students. By enrolling in an online HBU program, adult learners can better balance quality of life with quality of learning.
Houston Baptist University At A Glance
- Privately operated not-for-profit Christian school offering undergraduate and graduate programs
- Main campus is located in the heart of Houston, Texas
- Offers a wide range of online and campus-based programs, from Business to Education and Nursing, including a competency-based online RN to BSN program
- Total student population: 3,128 (2,300 undergraduates)
- Sixth most diverse college in the U.S.
- Student to faculty ratio: 15 to 1
- Regional accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Mission statement intro: The mission of Houston Baptist University is to provide a learning experience that instills in students a passion for academic, spiritual, and professional excellence as a result of our central confession, "Jesus Christ is Lord."